In collaboration with Prof. Dr. Cornillie and our colleagues from Liège (comité céto-ornitho) and the EWDA student chapter (European Wildlife Disease Association), VSDW is proud to present a symposium on Friday, April 21st about marine mammals.
• 14: 00 -15: 30 a lecture by Dr. Jauniaux : “Causes of death in marine mammals along the Belgian coast” in Auditorium Maximum,
• 15: 30 -16: 00: break at the museum: opportunity for networking
• 16: 00 – 18:00: demonstration of a dissection of marine mammals (seal and porpoise) in the anatomical theater, performed by Dr. Jauniaux.
Dr. Jauniaux is a veterinarian in the department of morphology and pathology at the University of Liege. In recent years he has seen an increase in the number of stranded seals on the Belgian coast.
Through autopsies he tries to discover the cause of death and the reasons behind the increase in animals who strand at the Belgian coast. The lecture and the autopsy will be conducted in English.
Seats for the demonstration are limited and will be raffled.
If you are interested in the demonstration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 12th.
Later on, we will inform you if you can participate on the demonstration.
We do ask that if you get a seat at the demo, you are present at the lecture.
Obviously we welcome everyone for the lecture. Subscribing is not necessary.
We hope to see you on April 21!
The VSDW Team
This event is made possible thanks to:
– Commissie Internationalisering (UGent, Faculteit Diergeneeskunde)
– Dierenartsen zonder Grenzen (www.dierenartsenzondergren
– Stethoscoop specialist (www.stethoscoopspecialist.
– The Wildest Trail (www.thewildesttrail.com)
– ReproActief Merelbeke (www.reproactief.be)